Region Cup Rules and Regulations
The Rules and Regulations of the ERSL Regional League
will apply for the ER Cup with the following exceptions:
- The East Region Cup (ER Cup) is a single game elimination
competition played throughout the season for teams playing in the ERSL Regional and District Competitive Tier 1, U13 to U18 divisions.
- There shall be no entry fee for the ER Cup.
- All Regional teams are automatically entered into the ER Cup. However
a Regional team may withdraw from the competition by having their Club send an email
stating that fact to the ERSL at GM@ersl.ca. The email must be received by
18:00 on the second Friday in May of each year.
- District Competitive Tier 1 teams who wish to participate in the ER Cup must
enter by e-mail through their Club no later than 18:00 on the second Friday in May of each
year. District Tier 1 teams who do
not enter the ER Cup competition will be automatically enter into the ER Shield
competition unless otherwise withdrawn as outlined in the ER Shield Rules
- There must be a minimum of 8 teams entered in an age group. Should
less than 8 teams enter the ER Cup in a given age group, then those teams will be entitled to
play up an age category, or can decline to participate in the ER Cup.
- All teams who enter the ER Cup do so at the 1st round. If required,
first round byes will be determined in a draw conducted by the ERSL. No
teams shall receive byes in subsequent rounds.
- ER Cup participants will schedule ER Cup games in accordance with
the following document: East
Region Cup Scheduling Procedure.
- A player shall play for only one (1) team in either the ER Cup or
Shield competition. Once a player has played for a team, they are tied to
that team for the remainder of both competitions for that year.
- Subject to the restrictions of Article 8, play up permits are
allowed, but are restricted to players from District Competitive in
the same age division, a level equal to or lower at a younger age division,
or a Club's house league. For the purpose of play-ups the team’s age
division and level is the division and level of the ER Cup competition.
- Trial permits are not permitted in the ER Cup.
- Temporary Eligibility Permits are not permitted in the ER Cup
- Any team found to be playing an ineligible player in a Cup game
will be eliminated from the competition, the team and coach may also face
further disciplinary action. The game in which the ineligible player(s)
played will be forfeit. Previous game
results will not be affected by this decision.
length of games is as follows:
45 minute halves
- If the game is tied at the end of regular time then the game shall
be decided by penalty kicks according to the Laws of the Game. In
accordance with the Laws of the Game, games that are tied at the end of
regular time shall be reported as a draw when completing the game report.
The ERSL will use the Referee report to determine which team advances.
- Club appointed assistant referees will be used for all ER Cup
- Trophies will be awarded to the champions of each Cup Division. The
trophies remain the property of the ERSL, and shall be returned to the
ERSL no later than May 31st of the following year.
- Medals will be awarded to each player registered with the winning
and finalist team of each Cup Division.
- The U13 to U16 ER Cup Finals will be hosted by a member Club
selected by the ERSL Management board through the Application to Host
process. The U17/18 ER Cup Finals will be hosted by the ERSL.
The ERSL is seeking a sustaining sponsorship
and/or dedicated funding source for the ER Cup Competition which may restrict
your team and/or Club’s ability to display sponsorship material at the ER Cup Competition