Coaching Certifications Reminder
Below is a reminder regarding this OSA Coaching Certification requirements.
Head Coach and Assistant Coaches must meet these requirements before
being allocated to the team roster. The Certifications vary by age.
- U4-U5 - Recommended: Active Start, MED, RIS
- U6-U8 - Recommended: FUNdamentals, MED, RIS
- U9-U12 - Required: Learn to Train, MED, RIS (Development Teams)
- U13+ Required: Soccer for Life, MED, RIS (Competitive Teams)
1. All Making Ethical Decisions (MED) courses have to be the 3-hour in class courses.
Respect in Soccer (RIS) equivalency will be granted if the coach has
completed Respect in Sport for another sport. It must be through the
same Respect Group program.
Also, if coaches have the old coaching certifications, they need to have ALL levels 1, 2 & 3/Child, Youth & Senior and RIS.
Here are the links to the info that can be found on the OSA website under the Coach Tab:
Tool to check which courses are required for each age group:
Information regarding required courses:
Search for a course: