Update on League Operations & Team Registration
Now that we are in Phase 1 of Ontario Soccer’s Return to Play Guidelines the ERSL has reviewed our contingency plan for League operations and based on current conditions we have made the following determinations:
- July 17th is the latest date that the ERSL will feasibly be able to register teams to prepare for our “most extensive delay” for a season start which is August 2nd
- There is the possibility that we have a season start before August which will require a registration deadline before July 17th. We will make this adjustment if necessary and announce an earlier registration deadline if Phase 3 of the Ontario Soccer Return to Play Guidelines is in our sights sooner
- If we are in Phase 3 by July 31st the ERSL will operate a 9-week season, concluding October 3rd, that will guarantee 10 games per team and we will target to provide teams with 12 games where possible.
- The ERSL has reviewed our budget requirements based on this new calendar outlook and will be reducing team registration fees for the 2020 season from $370.00 to $340.00.
- We encourage Clubs to provide District team registrations to the ERSL as soon as they are able in order to facilitate planning for a potential season >>> Updated Registration Form
- If we are not in Phase 3 of Ontario Soccer’s Return to Play Guidelines on or before July 31st 2020, the ERSL will cancel the 2020 Outdoor season
Payments and Refunds
- A credit will be applied to your Club account for the difference in any registration fees that have already been paid for the 2020 season at the rate of $370.00, including Regional team registration fees
- Payments for District Team Registration Fees must be made by post-dated cheque for August 1st 2020; cheques for team fees will not be cashed unless we have a season
- If you have not yet paid your Club Registration fee of $300.00 this must be made on a separate cheque, dated July 17th or earlier.
- Should the season be canceled in its entirety paid Team Registration Fees will be refunded; Club Registration Fees will be retained by the ERSL to cover administrative costs and to sustain League operations for the time being
*If you have already provided your registration form and fees and have questions about how these changes may affect you please contact GM@ersl.ca directly with your questions.